Sweet potato vegetable soup is the perfect soup to stay warm on a cold winter day.
Filled with nutrient filled vegetables, this flavorsome meal will leave you feeling wholesome.
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of garlic, minced
8 cups of vegetable stock
2 cups of carrots, chopped
2 cups of of sweet potatoes, cubed
2 cups of leeks, chopped
1 ½ cups of corn
2 cups of green beans
¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
⅛ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on low to medium heat.
- Add the salt, garlic and leeks to soften for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green beans and sweet potatoes, cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring it to a high heat and simmer.
- Add the corn and black pepper, decrease the heat to low and cover.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Once cooking is finished, mix in the lemon juice and parsley.
Serve and enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.